Skip to content

Another Reason to be Paranoid

February 24, 2009

Story from The Gadget Blog

chair-death

A 14-year-old boy in China was killed when his chair exploded, sending chunks of metal into his bung hole. The bleeding killed him. The alleged explosion came from the gas cylinder that was in the base of the chair, the part that allowed the user to adjust the seat up and down. The canister gets compressed when you sit on it, but can it actually creates enough energy to make the seat cushion explode.

I will never ever adjust another chair again.

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. James permalink
    February 24, 2009 12:31 pm

    Buy American! That may not work either…hell just be careful.

Trackbacks

  1. New Chair « Breakfast at Nancy’s

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: